A safe and efficient method to optimize sports performance and rehab.
Implement Supramaximal Eccentric and Isokinetic Training to unlock an innovative, highly efficient, and safe method to optimize rehabilitation and athletic performance.
Application of an innovative paradigm shift in resistance training. Custom Calibrated Resistance™ (CCR) removes the limitations of conventional training methods. By precisely matching the force of the user at all times, CCR™ unlocks a whole new form of training that improves intensity, efficiency, and safety. Learn the science that supports Supramaximal Eccentric and Isokinetic Training and explore applications for all demographics ranging from elite athlete to post-op rehab. In the Lab portion we will apply these concepts with hands on movements that activate entire kinetic chains and demand increased neural drive and organization. Safely maximize force generation to optimize performance, strength, rehab, and fitness.
Benefits of taking this course
- Implement and scale progressions of Custom Calibrated Resistance™ to any stage of rehab or performance training
- Increased time efficiency and safety – maximize treatment / training sessions while reducing risks
- Work towards becoming a Custom Calibrated Resistance™ Instructor.
Upon completion of taking the Custom Calibrated Resistance™ course and passing the practical and written exams, you are fully ready to utilize and incorporate Custom Calibrated Resistance™ into your practice and market yourself as a CCR™ Specialist.
WHO SHOULD TAKE “CUSTOM CALIBRATED RESISTANCE” COURSE?
- Certified Athletic Trainer, Chiropractor, Personal Trainer, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant
- 1:16 Instructor to Attendee
- Option of Synapse® system purchase at discount price
- Digital Course Manual on portable flash drive
- Approved CEU/ 8 Contact Hours (AT, DC, PT, PTA)
- Certification of Completion
- Lecture with demonstration and hands-on lab
|$ 600||$ 500|
- Evolution of Synapse and CCR
- Phases of movement – Concentric, Isometric, Eccentric
- Define Supramaximal Eccentric and Isokinetic Training
- Review of research based benefits of Supramaximal Eccentric / Isokinetic Training
- Inhibiting factors to engaging in Supramaximal Eccentric / Isokinetic Training
- Discuss conventional training limitations in relation to the strength curve
- Synapse® 90 sec set to fully exhaust all muscle fiber types – demonstration
- Advantages of Custom Calibrated Resistance™
- Discuss Muscle fiber types, corresponding fuel sources and energy pathways, activation and recover
- Review of pros and cons of equipment options and methods to engage in isokinetic and supramaximal eccentric training.
- Hands on exploration of various methods of supramaximal eccentric / isokinetic training.
- Synapse® Unit set up procedures.
- Core principles when implementing Custom Calibrated Resistance™
- Understanding force vectors and leveraging them to tailor resistance across movements
- Common Mistakes/ Safety Considerations
- Exercise / Movement progressions to increase neural drive, proprioception, muscular stimulus, and range of movement for the whole body.
- Use Custom Calibrated Resistance™ to perform various example movements with the 90 sec protocol in Trainer Mode
- Implementing Custom Calibrated Resistance™ in Solo mode
- Movement Creation Challenge- Trainer Mode and Solo Mode
- Presentations of exercises created in Movement Creation Challenge with follow up discussion
- Explore further therapeutic and training applications for Custom Calibrated Resistance™
- Identify the neurological benefits of triplanar, dynamic eccentric loading vs. traditional eccentric exercises.
- Demonstrate the benefits of Custom Calibrated Resistance™ exercises vs. traditional weights.
- Demonstrate and identify how to increase range-of-motion using calibrated eccentric exercises.
- Demonstrate proper application of safely incorporating eccentric exercises in neuro rehabilitation.
- Identify the proprioceptive benefits of eccentric exercises for athletics including enhanced athletic performance, balance, stabilization, and injury prevention.
- Demonstrate and safely apply Supramaximal Eccentric and Isokinetic training with progressions to address a variety of applications (from post – op rehab through maximal training for athletic enhancement).
|6:45pm-7:00pm||Q & A/ Participant Evaluations|