Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and its techniques involve the comprehensive study of different aspects of soft tissue namely fascia and aponeurotic fascia, endomysium, perimysium, epimysium and adipose tissue and the effects of a specific double or single beveled edge surgical grade instruments that can affect those tissues. Enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue that effect normal function.
Providers will be given an introduction to IASTM that includes a lecture about the anatomy and physiology of fascial and connective tissue and how it relates to IASTM. Information regarding the history of and latest research on IASTM will also be discussed. Providers will be given a clinical/lab session where they will learn the proper biomechanics and hand holds of IASTM tools. Additionally, providers will be taught on treatment protocols for 30 different diagnoses.
Benefits of taking a Certified IASTM 1.0 Provider technique course?
- Expand your scope of practice and your income with additional certified technique while treating patients with a valuable and effective manual technique while saving your hands.
- Promote your professional practice
- Work towards applying to become an IASTM Instructor. Complete the instructor training program and earn extra income teaching.*
Upon completion of taking the IASTM L1 course and pass the practical and written exams, you are fully ready to utilize and incorporate IASTM technique to your practice and market yourself as IASTM Practitioner.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
AT, DC, DO, MD, LMT, MT, OT, OTA, PT, PTA
16:1 Attendee to Instructor
- Instrument(s) (Fibroblaster and/or Jack) with genuine leather case(s)
- Digital Course Manual on portable flash drive
- Approved CEU/ 8 Contact Hours
- Certification of Completion
- Lecture with demonstration and hands-on lab
*4 instruments include (Fibroblaster, Jack, Lil’Alice, Deuce)
*2 instruments include (Fibroblaster & Jack)
*1 instrument include (Fibroblaster OR Jack), not guaranteed a specific instrument
Combo + 4 Instruments
|$ 1100||$ 900|
Course + 2 Instruments
|Course + 1 Instrument||$ 550||
|Course only||$ 350||
LECTURE ( 2.5 hours)
- Introduction to IASTM
- Current and Clinical Concepts of IASTM
- Current research on applications on IASTM for sports, geriatric and neurologically impaired patients
- Fascia and fascial chain
- Therapeutic effects of IASTM on proprioception and balance
- Anatomy & Physiology of Fascial and Connective Tissue
- Review Different Instrument Materials, Beveled Edges
- Discussion of the differences between leading IASTM brands
- Cross Contamination risks and proper sterilization protocols
- Indications and contraindications of IASTM
- Physiology Effects of IASTM
- Minimize liability claims, current and future litigation issues with IASTM techniques
- Introduce IASTM protocols combined with other modalities and therapies
LAB (5 Hours)
- 7 Foundational Strokes
- Ergonomics and safe application
- Demonstration of proper biomechanics and hand holds using different IASTM instruments
- Utilizing two beginner IASTM instruments
- Lower Quarter Protocols Treatments
- Upper Quarter Protocols
- Fascial Chain protocol
- Identify and describe the anatomy of superficial fascia, deep fascia, and the layers of fascial tissue with other tissues and recognize how they relate to IASTM.
- Explain the effect of hyaluronic acid and its effect on fascia and how it can affect the lubricant of the hyaluronic acid and its effects on soft tissue.
- Identify and correctly distinguish at least 10 indications and contraindications of IASTM treatment techniques.
- Identify some of the top leading IASTM brands including Graston©, Smart Tools, Hawk Grips©, and Fibroblaster™ and discuss the benefits and differences between the brands.
- Demonstrate and identify proper application utilizing IASTM with other modalities.
- Apply knowledge of IASTM techniques by demonstrating the seven foundational strokes.
- Apply proper ergonomics and safe application using IASTM.
- Recognize considerations using IASTM techniques.
- Identify cross contamination risks using IASTM instruments.
|15 Minutes||Written Exam|
|30 minutes||Q & A/ Participant Evaluation|