Benefits of becoming a Certified IASTM 2.0 Specialist?
- Expand your scope of practice and your income with additional certified technique while treating patients with a valuable and effective manual technique while saving your hands.
- Promote your professional practice
- Apply to become an IASTM Instructor. Complete the instructor training program and earn extra income teaching.*
- 30% Off any future purchases of additional instruments for Life*
- Website Listing* as Certified IASTM Specialist
*cannot take advantage of these benefits until you pass the practical and written exams.
Upon completion of taking the IASTM 1.0 +2.0 courses and pass the practical and written exams, you are fully ready to utilize and incorporate IASTM technique to your practice and market yourself as an IASTM Expert Specialist.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
AT, DC, DO, MD, LMT, MT, OT, OTA, PT, PTA
16:1 Attendee to Instructor
- Instrument(s) (Lil’Alice and/or Deuce) with genuine leather case(s)
- Digital Course Manual on portable flash drive
- Approved CEU/ 8 Contact Hours
- Certification of Completion
- Lecture with demonstration and hands-on lab
*2 instruments include (Lil’Alice & Deuce)
*1 instrument include (Lil’Alice)
Combo + 2 Instruments
|$ 800||$ 700|
Course + 1 Instrument
|Course only||$ 350||
- History of IASTM
- Anatomy & Physiology of Fascial and Connective Tissue
- Review Latest research on IASTM
- Indications and contraindications of IASTM
- Fascia and fascial chain
- Review different instrument materials
- Physiology effects of IASTM treatments
- Review 7 Foundational & Intro to 5 advance strokes
- Proper biomechanics and hand holds for repetitive strain injury prevention
- Utilizing 2 advance IASTM instruments
- Structure/diagnosis, treatment, protocol
- IASTM with CBD protocol and modalities protocols
- Identify proper IASTM instrument and treatment protocol for women and men pelvic floor dysfunction
- IASTM with fascial mobilization exercises protocol
- Identify and correctly describe the anatomy of superficial fascia, deep fascia, and the layers of fascial tissue with other tissues and recognize how they relate to IASTM.
- Explain the effect of hyaluronic acid and its effect on fascia gliding and how IASTM can affect/treat hyaluronic acid damage.
- Identify and correctly distinguish at least 25 indications and contraindications of IASTM treatment techniques.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of seven foundational IASTM technique strokes and five advanced strokes.
- Identify cross contamination risks using IASTM instruments.
- Review of identifying some of the top leading IASTM brands and discussing the benefits and differences between the brands.
- Review of demonstrating and identifying proper application utilizing IASTM with other modalities.
- Proper use and application of CBD with IASTM.
- Proper application of combining fascial mobilization exercises with IASTM.
- Ability to properly apply IASTM with other modalities.
- Identify proper IASTM instrument and treatment protocol for women and men pelvic floor dysfunction.
|9:45am-11:45am||Review of IASTM, Anatomy & Physiology of Fascial and Connective Tissue|
|12:00pm-2:00pm||Lab/Advanced protocols with the foundational seven strokes, IASTM with CBD Protocol, IASTM with modalities protocols, Identify proper IASTM instrument and treatment protocol for women and men pelvic floor dysfunction|
|2:30pm-4:30pm||Review Lecture/Review Different Instrument Materials, Beveled Edges, Cross Contamination, Physiology Effects of IASTM Treatments|
|4:45pm-6:15pm||Lab/Advanced protocols with 5 Advanced Strokes, IASTM with fascial mobilization exercises protocol|
|6:45pm-7:00pm||Practical Lab Exam and Written Exam|
|7:00pm-7:15pm||Q & A/ Participant Evaluations|