“Neuromuscular Taping Specialist” course is a rehabilitative technique that can be used alone or in conjunction with other treatments and modalities to provide various therapeutic benefits. This course will review the history of neuromuscular taping, current research related to its therapeutic effects, and discuss the contraindications vs. the pathophysiology of conditions that can be treated with this method.
Participants will understand the physiological effects of neuromuscular taping and the different qualities that distinguish neuromuscular taping brands from one another. The lab portion of the course will allow participants to gain extensive hands-on practice to optimize proper application and understand the role of each and every treatment protocol. Participants will demonstrate mastery of over 30 treatment protocols for various conditions at every distinct location on the body.
WHO SHOULD TAKE “NEUROMUSCULAR TAPING SPECIALIST” COURSE?
AT, DC, DO, MD, LMT, MT, OT, OTA, PT, PTA
16:1 Attendee to Instructor
- Roll of kinesiology tape
- Digital Course Manual on portable flash drive
- Approved CEU/ 8 Contact Hours
- Certification of Completion
- Lecture with demonstration and hands-on lab
- History of Neuromuscular Taping
- Discussion of the differences between different brands of Neuromuscular Tape
- Latest research on Neuromuscular Taping
- Indications and contraindications of Neuromuscular Taping
- Fascia and fascial chain
- Joint Distraction Techniques with Taping Application
- Application of Palpation with Taping
- Proper Application of Lymph Drainage Taping Techniques
- Proper Application and Removal of taping
- Applying Proprioceptive Exercises in combination with Neuromuscular Taping
- Identify and describe the indications, contraindications and anatomical danger zones of taping.
- Identify and discuss side-by-side comparison the differences between the top leading Neuromuscular/kinesiology taping brands.
- Apply knowledge of relevant region-specific fascial anatomy and mechanosensory fascial function to the evaluation and treatment of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Discuss pending lawsuits involving kinesiology taping and dangers of cyst formation, orthostatic hypotension, and other complications from Neuromuscular/Kinesiology Taping.
- Implement and identify evidence-based taping strategies to increase EMG muscle activation, proprioception training, and ADL strategies for geriatric and stroke/brain injury neuro-rehabilitation patients.
- Discuss Trigger Point Taping Protocols.
- Identify taping patterns that increase/decrease body temp and lymph drainage pattern protocols.
- Integrate Neuromuscular Taping techniques with Spinal Fascial and Joint Distraction techniques for the most common impairments of the spine and extremities.
- Select effective proprioceptive retraining exercises with evidence-based taping techniques.
|9:45am-11:15am||(Lecture) Origins, Indications, Contraindications, Differences between the brands, Fascial anatomy and mechanosensory fascial function|
|11:30am-1:30pm||(Lab) Neuromuscular Taping Assessments & Labs – Upper Extremity and Spine Protocols: Joint distraction techniques, Palpations and proper applications with taping, Proprioceptive exercises, Fascial stretch taping|
|2:00pm-4:00pm||(Lecture) Pending lawsuits involving taping, Taping strategies and its effects, Trigger Point Taping Protocols, Taping and its effects, Integration of taping with Spinal Fascial and Joint Distraction techniques and proprioceptive retraining exercises|
|4:15pm-6:45pm||(Lab) Neuromuscular Taping Assessments & Labs – Lower Extremity and Spine Protocols:
Joint distraction techniques, Palpations and proper applications with taping, Proprioceptive exercises, Fascial stretch taping Practical Lab Exam
|6:45pm-7:00pm||Q & A & Participant Evaluations|