IASTM 1.0 Provider – Dana Point, CA
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) and its techniques involve the comprehensive study of different aspects of soft tissue namely fascia and aponeurotic fascia, endomysium, perimysium, epimysium and adipose tissue and the effects of a specific double or single beveled edge surgical grade instruments that can affect those tissues. Enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue that affect normal function.
Providers will be given an introduction to IASTM that includes a lecture about the anatomy and physiology of fascial and connective tissue and how it relates to IASTM. Information regarding the history of and latest research on IASTM will also be discussed. Providers will be given a clinical/lab session where they will learn the proper biomechanics and hand holds of IASTM tools. Additionally, providers will be taught on treatment protocols for 30 different diagnoses.
Benefits of taking the Certified IASTM 1.0 Provider technique course?
- Expand your scope of practice and your income with additional certified techniques while treating patients with a valuable and effective manual technique while saving your hands.
- Promote your professional practice
- Work towards applying to become an IASTM Instructor. Complete the instructor training program and earn extra income teaching.*
- Explain the effect of hyaluronic acid and its effect on fascia and how it can affect the lubricant of the hyaluronic acid and its effects on soft tissue.
- Identify and describe the anatomy of superficial fascia, deep fascia, and the layers of fascial tissue with other tissues and recognize how they relate to IASTM.
- Identify and correctly distinguish at least 10 indications and contraindications of IASTM treatment techniques.
- Identify some of the top leading IASTM brands including Graston©, Smart Tools, Hawk Grips©, and Fibroblaster™ and discuss the benefits and differences between the brands.
- Demonstrate and identify proper application utilizing IASTM with other modalities.
- Apply knowledge of IASTM techniques by demonstrating the seven foundational strokes.
- Apply proper ergonomics and safe application using IASTM.
- Recognize considerations using IASTM techniques.
- Identify cross contamination risks using IASTM instruments.
|Course + 1 Instrument||$375||$550|
|Course + 2 Instruments||$550||$750|
|Combo + 4 Instruments||$900||$1100|
* 1 instrument is Fibroblaster or Jack
|TIME||IASTM 1.0 LAB SCHEDULE (IN-PERSON)|
|Check-In 15 min prior to course start time|
|Hour 0.5||Lecture/Review of IASTM|
|Hour 2.5||LAB/ 7 foundational seven strokes, ergonomics and safe application, Upper quarter protocols
|Hour 2.5||LAB/ Lower quarter protocols|
|Hour 0.5||Practical Lab Exam/Q & A/ Participant Evaluations|